Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Office Location: Counseling (East LA Skills Center) and Building 3 (East LA Occupational Center)
- Marisela Bustillos, (323) 224 -5970 [email protected] (at the East LA Skills Center Campus)
- Katherine Mancuso, (323) 276 -7098 [email protected] (at the East LA Occupational Center Campus)
- Olivia Rojas, (323) 276 -7048
Services available include course advisement, registration assistance, assessment & classroom accommodations, sign language interpreters, assistive technology, agency referrals and liaison to work source centers and the Department of Rehabilitation and other community agencies.
To be eligible for assistance, you will need to provide proper documentation which states your disability. This documentation may include:
- A copy of an inactive I.E.P. (previous Special Education student)
- A letter or medical report from a physician, psychologist or any qualified medical professional
- Workers Compensation records
- Record of a veteran's service-related disability
PLEASE NOTE: All accommodations must be clearly identified, directly correlated to the disability, and documented by a medical professional who is qualified to make the diagnosis. Once you have qualified and registered through the DSS Office, we will assist you with registration and coordination of service and accommodations throughout your training. We are always here to provide assistance and support throughout your educational path.
If you need financial assistance with the costs of training, and plan to enter into employment following the completion of your training, you may qualify for services and support through the Department of Rehabilitation and/or work source center. These agencies offer free services to assist adults who have disabilities to prepare for and secure employment. See here for more information: Department of Rehabilitation.