Code of Conduct
It is expected that all students shall dress appropriately and act responsibly. For purposes of safety and continuity of the instructional programs, the following guidelines shall be observed:
The following types of clothing are not permitted:
- Clothing that bares excessive exposure: Exposed midriffs, spaghetti straps, sheer blouses, low-neckline clothing, mini-skirts, and short shorts (knee-level shorts and skirts are acceptable).
- Muscle shirts, sweats, and jerseys with logos.
- Oversized clothing.
- Gang-related attire: belt buckles with letters, colored shoelaces, and any type of clothing with questionable and suggestive language and/or pictures on it.
- Any type of cap or head cover: headbands, hairnets, baseball caps, bandanas, etc.
NOTE: Tattoos that identify a gang affiliation must be covered.
Please refrain from the following activities:
- Use of cell phones, iPods, or other electronic devices in classrooms.
- Food and/or beverages in classrooms.
Procedures for Campus Visitors:
- Upon entering campus, all visitors shall sign in at the main office.
- Complete a visitor’s permit/pass and obtain the principal/designee’s approval before proceeding to the classroom.
- Request an appointment for a visitation date and time from the office staff after entering the school office.
- Determine the classroom activity you are observing and keep the classroom observation time and frequency reasonable.
- Follow the school’s established procedures for scheduling an appointment with the teacher and/or principal/designee after the classroom visit, if needed.
- Before leaving campus, return the visitor’s permit and sign out at the main office.
Some Important Rules for Visitors:
- Children who are not enrolled at the school are not to be on the campus unless prior approval of the principal/designee has been obtained.
- Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible.
- Do not converse with the students, teacher(s), and/or instructional assistants during instructional time.
- Do not interfere with any school activity during the visitation.
- Guide dogs/animals are permitted for our students; other pets, including therapy pets are not allowed on campus.
LAUSD Bulletin-1325.1 (Office of Chief Operator Officer)
LAUSD Bulletin – 3845 (Instructional Services)